ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors this upcoming weekend

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
From what I gather, Colorado will host two recruits on OVs this weekend for the U of A game:

1. Stacy Sneed: Sneed, the lone RB in CU's Class of 2020, will take his OV this weekend. He committed in mid-August and chose Colorado over 19 other offers. He is a legacy Buff, as his uncle Roderick Sneed played for CU from 1998-2002. To my understanding based on the last time I talked to Stacy at length in August / periodically on Twitter, this is his first visit to CU.

He had mentioned how much his uncle hyped up Boulder as a town, the mountains, and in general so this weekend (Saturday is projected to be in the high 60s and sunny) should be a good confirmation to what he's heard.

Sneed runs a 4.43 40-yard dash and weighs 180 pounds, although he said he aspires to be closer to 190 by the time he gets to college.

Some recent highlights of him can be found here: https://n.rivals.com/news/quick-look-stacy-sneed

2. Julius Coates: This is the guy to keep an eye on. Coates is a 6-foot-7, 275 pound defensive end playing JUCO ball for East Mississippi CC right now. He'll be a 3 in 2 guy for whomever he decides to play for and will be on a college campus in January after he graduates from EMCC in December.

Akron, New Mexico and Western Illinois have offered as well so at face value, pending a successful OV, I think it's a fair bet to say Colorado is the frontrunner to land him and very well may do so shortly after he finishes up his visit.

We talk a lot about a surplus of WRs being offered / committing to the 2020 class and how some more muscle on the d-line would be nice to see — well Coates certainly fits the bill of a guy with an impressive frame, who has college football experience that can join the team in January, get acclimated through spring and summer, and really be an impacter by the time of the 2020 season.

Rivals' Chad Simmons today posted on the boards an update on Buffs commit and DE Justin Jackson earlier that appeared to be good news, good enough to potentially shift him out of the "soft commit" status he's been in for a few months. In late July, I reported that he was planning to visit Oklahoma, which he did (July 26), something that was unknown to the Buffs at the time and certainly gave off the vibe that his commitment to CU might not be permanent.

However, per Simmons report, that at least for me does inspire confidence regarding his firmness. Point being, landing Coates and holding onto Jackson (another JUCO guy) would be big in terms of immediate help on the d-line for 2020.

3. DeShawn Hanika is on an unofficial this weekend. He's a 6-foot-5, 220 pound TE/WR playing for Butler County C.C. in Kansas. UTEP has offered him as of right now. Colorado hasn't but he recently told me he expects that to change by the end of his visit and I would agree.

He said he's being recruited as a "flex TE" with Al Pupunu and Cordae Hankton handling his recruitment.

Hankia film:

Reactions: dtownbuff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News