ADVERTISEMENT

"There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse" - Clark Kellogg, "The Freshman" . . .

BuffaLaw8487

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2004
Highlands Ranch
. . . also CU athletics right now, right?

Hmmmm. Is CU really in that bad a spot? You know damn well that the Big 12 would take CU, UofA, ASU and Utah tomorrow, no questions asked, full stop. Not a bad place to land- good football, good hoops, history with those schools and a much saner approach to recruiting. We can recruit against most of those outfits successfully without an NIL sugar daddy. Maybe that's the place to be. No, we won't be playing Alabama or Ohio State in January but . . . we weren't going to be playing those outfits anytime soon anyway in the PAC12. The Big12 is a very soft landing.

No, CU-Boulder isn't the hottest chick in the bar. But after a couple of pops, she starts looking real good half an hour before closing time if you really need the company. And Daddy has a nice mansion - disguised as the Mountain Time Zone and a bursting Denver TV market flooded with gazillions of transplants from the West Coast and the Midwest.

Rick George takes a royal beating around here - for good reason at times. And for no reason at times. Yeah, he got caught flat-footed at the NIL micro level. So did a lot of people. But this is the stuff he's supposed to be good at, right? Macro, big picture business deals. I think maybe he's got more cards to play than we think. No, they're not Oregon/UW cards - but close. Utah too. But a looming Big12 invite and the FtCo/Denver/ColoSprings market is a nice piece of leverage to have - I say we take it out for spin and see who wants a test drive beyond the Big12. Maybe it's the Big 12 after all. Maybe it's a revamped PAC12 if the money is right. Maybe something else a quantum level up. Who knows.

But CU isn't Washington State or Oregon State. Or even Cal. They're kinda hosed. And as much as I'm pissed about UCLA/USC bolting, I'm kind of in the "glass half full" mode when it comes to CU.

Strap yourself in . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News