ADVERTISEMENT

The Rise Report - September 30th

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
Here is your Friday Recruiting Recap and more aka The Rise Report for September 30th.

Big weekend of Recruiting in Boulder

Colorado will be hosting some of the top high school football players in the country this weekend. Today we bring you the full scoop on who will be on campus against Oregon State.

As we have talked about all this week, Colorado's most important uncommitted prospect is 6-foot-4, 305 pound Greg Rogers out of Arbor View, Nevada. Colorado is battling with Oklahoma, Arizona State, USC, and UCLA for the Rivals.com 4-Star Defensive Tackle.

Having Rogers visit with some of the Colorado's top already committed prospects like Jaylon Jackson, Maurice Bell, Tyler Lytle, and Dante Sparaco is key. Little birdie tells us Colorado Defensive Linemen Timothy Coleman will be showing Rogers around.

Read More Here
https://colorado.rivals.com/news/weekend-visitor-list-is-filled-with-big-time-talent

lnt3wm6plrtcplqwztpk

Lytle still hearing from plenty of schools

One of the biggest commitments for Colorado in the Class of 2017 is no doubt pro-style quarterback Tyler Lytle out of Servite High School in Anaheim, California. While Lytle is a strong Colorado commitment he's still being recruited heavily by some big time schools.

From a VERY strong source, we hear that Lytle is being prusued aggressively by schools like Indiana, Pitt, Temple, USC, Oklahoma State, and Flordia State. While Lytle has no plans to visit any other schools besides Colorado at this point, things can change as you know, especially with the quarterback situation at Colorado.

The Buffs have been playing RS-Freshman Steven Montez which means Montez is going to be around for quite some time, Redshirt Freshman Sam Noyer has looked good, and there has even been rumors speculating that former Alabama Quarterback Blake Barnett could be headed to Boulder.

Is KD Nixon next to Colorado

Colorado's had their hand in the Lone Star State since Co-Offensive Coordinator Darrin Chiaverini has arrived. Recently there has been talk surrounding Rivals.com 4-Star K.D. Dixon a 5-foot-8, 181- pound receiver out of Desoto, Texas.

Nixon has offers from just about everywhere including Tennessee, Arizona State, CAL, Houston, Ohio State, Oregon, TCU, and Tech, just to name a few.

Nixon has been offered by Colorado (profile updated) and remember that he is a teammate of Colorado Commitment Laviska Shenault who is also out of Desoto High School.

On the season Nixon has caught for 14-receptions for 349-yards and 3 touchdowns, which leads his team.

There is no surprise that Colorado is swirling among his favorites, especially the way the Buffs receiving corps has been playing so far this season.

eoclk2jj26eam3ylfmlw

3-Star Reciever Cartrell Thomas likes Colorado

Three-star wide receiver Cartrell Thomas put on a show with eyes from the Illinois coaching staff in attendance at his game last Thursday night; a 34-24 win against Mansfield-Legacy.

Thomas caught five passes for 88 yards, a touchdown and also reeled in a two-point conversion. His scoring play was also his longest reception of the night. After the defense sagged while he ran a slant, he caught the ball with nobody around him and burned it 56 yards to the end zone.

On Colorado, “They have a good 2017 class right now,” he said. “I believe their coach is on the come-up, they’re on a winning a mission and they’re trying to build a new tradition around that.”

Utah and Boise State join Texas State as the other three teams in his top-six. The successful seasons the Utes and Broncos are having should keep them in the conversation, but Tech and seemingly Illinois have first crack at making an impression.

Full Story Here
https://n.rivals.com/news/3-star-wr-cartrell-thomas-to-visit-texas-tech-more-to-come

Trajon Cotton back from Oregon visit

This past weekend, Cotton had another good experience, this time at Oregon. The Ducks lost to Colorado and that might not help their cause with Cotton but he was impressed with how things were handled after the game.

“What really stood out to me is how calm collected they were even after they lost, they were the same people they were before,” Cotton said.

“The coaches were just saying how much a factor I am in the class they’re trying to bring in and how they need help and I can do that. They always stood pretty high for me. They kept that spot.”

The only other official visit Cotton has planned so far is to Illinois but others are expected before the three-star prospect makes his decision.

Colorado is absolutely another player in his recruitment and the Buffaloes could be moving up even higher especially with how well they’re playing this season.

Continue reading here
https://n.rivals.com/news/couple-important-visits-for-three-star-ath-trajon-cotton

Ben Thomas is very high on Colorado

6-foot-3, 290 pound Ben Thomas out of Pinnacle, Arizona continues to hear from Colorado. We caught up with the 3-Star offensive guard who holds a Colorado Offer.

What is your current interest in Colorado?
I have very high interest in Colorado at this point.

What do you like about Coach Bernardi?
Coach Bernardi is just a cool guy to talk to as well as a great Coach he is really funny too.

Do you have a timetable on making a commitment?
I don't have a timetable to make a commitment I'm just going to do it when I feel like it.

What were your thoughts on Colorado beating Oregon?
Colorado beating Oregon was huge and proved that the rise is real!

How you planned any official visits yet?
I have not planned any official visits but I do hope to take one to Colorado and maybe some other schools but I'm not sure yet, but I definitely want to go to Boulder.

Is Colorado a school you hope to visit? Have you talked to any other Colorado commitments? If so who?
I've talked to Dante, Johnathan, Chris Miller, Jaylon Jackson, grant Polley, almost all of them.

Bishop Gorman OL hearing from Buffs

Cass of 2018 Bishop Gorman Offensive Guard Jacob Isaia has been in talks with Colorado recently, we caught up with him for the latest scoop.

What have you heard from Colorado?
Colorado sends me mail a few times a week. I was really impressed when each coach from the staff sent me a hand written letter. I'm very interested in CU, and plan to make a trip to Boulder in the spring and meet up with Coach Klayton Adams.

What are your thoughts on Colorado? How do you view them right now?
I feel Colorado is on the rise, and I hear good things about Boulder.

What schools have been in contact with you the most recently?
The schools recruiting me the most are UCLA, Wazzu, Vanderbilt, Virginia, UNLV, Michigan State, Washington, and Colorado State.

What is it like playing at Bishop Gorman with so many big time prospects?
It's amazing to play at Bishop Gorman. My teammates and Coaches have been very helpful and are very driven to succeed. We have tremendous talent at Bishop Gorman, but more importantly, everyone is willing to work hard to improve on a daily basis.

What is your playing style and what type of offensive formation fits you best?
In Hawaii (transferred to Gorman in 2016), I played in a passing offense. Here at Bishop Gorman, we have a balanced offense. My run blocking has improved, however still needs work. I feel my strength is my athleticism, which would allow me to play tackle, guard or even defensive line if needed.

Marcus McElory favors Buffs

Marcus McElroy is seeing his recruitment slow down which is fine because now the three-star running back can really focus on which schools are serious about him.

“The latest offer I got was Hawaii and most of the schools are starting to die down a little bit,” McElroy said. “They’re sort of just waiting to hear my response and other coaches have been really cool about it.

“The hardest right would be CSU, Air Force and CU.”

Colorado State, Air Force and Colorado are pursuing the Denver (Colo.) Mullen standout the hardest and he definitely likes certain things about each program.

The 6-foot, 210-pound running back said he’s planning some official visits in the coming months but nothing has been scheduled yet.

“For the most part, I like that they’re close to home,” McElroy said. “For CU they’re starting to build a couple things up. They’re starting to put some things together.

Full Story Here
https://n.rivals.com/news/three-standing-out-for-three-star-rb-marcus-mcelroy

Buffs land 6-foot-7, 275 pound Power Forward

Evan Battey a 6-foot-7, 275 pound Rivals.com 3-Star Power Forward out Villa Park, California has committed to Colorado. Battey is the third Rivals.com Top 150 ranked player to commit to Head Colorado Basketball Coach Tad Boyle this month.

Exclusive Interview With Battey

Playing in the PAC 12 for Coach Boyle was a big decision according to Battey, “It’s not only because of location. I love coach Boyle. He’s a great dude, the assistant coaches are great and when I was on my visit I really bonded with the team.”

Battey visited Colorado during early September along with 4-Star Shooting Guard D'Shawn Schwartz and 4-Star Power Forward Tyler Bey, each who have since committed to Colorado.

"The recruiting class I’m coming in with we were all on the same visit together and I really bonded with them. We were on the same teams together playing pickup and did everything together and just clicked."

Full story here
https://colorado.rivals.com/news/colorado-lands-6-foot-7-275-pound-power-forward

Colorado offers 6-2, 360-pound defensive tackle

Colorado is in need of big bodies on the defensive front with 6-foot-3, 300 pound Jordan Carrell, 6-foot-4, 295 pound Samson Kafovalu, and 6-foot-3, 325 pound Josh Tupou all set to leave the roster after the 2016 season.

Monday Night the Buffs extended an offer to Javier Edwards out of Blinn Junior College. A JC known for sending prospects to not only the D1 level, but sending guys to NFL, in-fact Carolina Panther Quarterback Cam Newton attended Blinn JC in 2009.

We caught up with Edwards Monday night to talk Colorado.

Talk about your Florida Commitment
I am 100% committed at this moment to Florida, but you never know what’s out there for me. Florida has been my dream school since I was young.

Which Colorado Coach is recruiting you?
Coach Jim Jeffcoat who works with the defensive line. Talk about being able to be coached by the best, Jeffcoat has played and coached in the NFL. Along with Jim Leavitt who was with the 49ers, those type of coaches are going to get you NFL ready.

Does playing time matter?
Absolutely and that is one of the main reasons I am interested in Colorado. Talking with Jeffcoat, he mentioned I would have a shot to come in a make a push for one of those three starting defensive linemen positions.

Full Story Here
https://colorado.forums.rivals.com/...do-offers-6-2-360-pound-florida-commit.29954/

Tracking The Colorado Football Commitments

This fall we're going to track each of the Class of 2017 Colorado Football Commitments during their senior football seasons.

Link
https://colorado.rivals.com/news/tracking-the-colorado-football-commitments

o3otfsdmbk6pck2qfiow

Class of 2018 Offers

Here are a few updated offers that have been extended out by Colorado to the Class of 2018.

Jaiden Woodbey
St. John Bosco
Bellflower, CA
6-foot-2, 205
Athlete
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/6

Jalen Rasheed Nailor
Bishop Gorman
Las Vegas, Nevada
5-foot-11, 170
Athlete
Class of 2018
3 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/6

Brendan Radley-Hiles
Calabasas
Calabasas, CA
5-foot-10, 175 Pounds
Defensive Back/Receiver
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/3

Austin Osborne
Mission Viejo
Mission Viejo, CA
6-foot-2, 175
Receiver
Class of 2018
4 Stars

Keondre Coburn
Westfield
Houston, TX
6-foot-2, 305
Defensive Tackle
Class of 2018
4 Stars

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Bishop Borman
Las Vegas, Nevada
6-foot-2, 190
Dual Threat Quarterback
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 4/26

Elijah Wade
Arbor View
Las Vegas, Nevada
6-foot-5, 240
Defensive End
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: June 26th

Tuli Letuligasenoa
De La Salle
Concord, California
6-foot-2, 295
Defensive Tackle
3-Star
Class of 2018
Offered by Colorado Oct. 2nd

Class of 2017 Colorado Commitments

8/2 - Carson Wells - DL - 6-foot-4, 235 - Bushnell, FL, 2 Stars
7/30 - Nate Landman - LB - 6-foot-3, 210 - Danville, CA, 3 Stars
7/26 - Will Sherman - OL - 6-foot-3, 290 - Allen, TX, 3 Stars
7/24 - Morrell Osling III - QB/ATH - 6-foot-2, 185 - Lancaster, CA Unranked
7/24 - Shamar Hamilton - DE - 6-foot-5, 235 - Miami, FL - Unranked
7/11 - Grant Polley - OL - 6-foot-5, 275 - Denton, TX - 3 Stars
7/2 - Isaiah Lewis - S - 6-foot, 197 pounds Granite Bay. CA - Unranked
6/28 - Sebastian Olver - ATH - 6-foot-4, 248 - Kentfield, CA - Unranked
6/27 - Maurice Bell - WR - 6-foot-0, 175 - Murrieta, CA - 3 Stars
6/24 - Heston Paige - OL - 6-foot-5, 270 - Thunder Ride, CO - 2 Stars
6/22 - Chris Miller - DB - 6-foot-0, 175 - Denton, TX - 3 Stars
6/21 -Tyler Lytle - QB - 6-foot-5, 205 - Anaheim, CA - 3 Stars
6/19 - Chase Newman - LB - 6-foot-1, 205 - La Mirada, CA - 3 Stars
6/14 - Alex Fontenot - RB - 5-foot-11, 185, Richmond, TX - 3 Stars
6/14 - Jalin Burrell - DB - 6-foot-2, 192 - Moorpark, CA - Unranked
4/22 - Laviska Shenault - WR - 6-foot-2, 205 - DeSoto, TX - 4 Stars
4/2 - Jaylon Jackson - WR - 5-foot-10, 150 - Cedar Hill, TX - 4 Stars
2/29 - Dante Sparaco - ATH - 6-foot-4, 265 - IMG Academy, FL - 3 Stars
2/28 - Jonathan Van Diest - LB - 6-foot-2, 235 - Greenwood Village, CO - 3 Stars

Commits By Position
1 - Quarterback
1 - Running Back
3 - Receivers
0 - Tight Ends
3 - Offensive Linemen
2 - Defensive Linemen
3 - Linebacker
3 - Defensive Backs
3 - Athletes
Total - 19 as of August 2nd

Where They Are From