ADVERTISEMENT

The latest I am hearing on Cherokee Trail OL Travis Gray

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
As @LA_Buff noted in another thread last night, Cherokee Trail offensive tackle Travis Gray has announced that he will make a decision regarding his recruitment no later than Aug. 31.

As it stands right now, Arizona, Maryland and Colorado appear to be the three finalists he's considering before making a call.

The 6-foot-7, 295-pound Six Zero Academy pupil was most recently offered by CU back in late June, following an in-person workout in Boulder with Mitch Rodrigue.

Frankly, Colorado should count itself lucky to even be considered in his final three.

Looking back a few weeks ago, the last time I talked to Gray (https://colorado.rivals.com/news/ch...y-proud-to-have-earned-an-offer-from-colorado) he used language that clearly indicated he spent much of 2021 awaiting an offer from the Buffs that did not come until the summer.

I definitely got the sense of an in-state, legacy Buff hoping to receive an offer earlier in his recruitment from his home-state flagship institution. That, of course, did not happen.

All the while, Arizona snuck in, recruiting Gray hard from the get-go. The Wildcats may very well be rewarded for playing the long game with Gray. And then there's Maryland, another program that offered earlier this year (late February).

Again, it's an inherent positive that the Buffs, even after offering so late, are a final horse in the race here. But the question remains if that'll be enough to sway Gray from Arizona's camp.

As far as I am concerned, the Wildcats should be viewed as the lead horse right now, the Maryland and CU jockeying for second.

It's become clear that Rodrigue wants another tackle this cycle and Gray certainly fits the bill as far as preferred targets go.

We'll see what happens here in the next month but in my humble opinion, advantage goes to Arizona right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News