ADVERTISEMENT

That wasn’t fun

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
Full disclosure we left with 9 minutes to go in the 3rd to not be home at 2am. Listened on the radio and by the time we got to the car it was a game. Home to watch the 4th quarter and it was tough seeing things more up close. There just was no fire, no team chemistry and you could just tell we were in trouble regardless of score. It was in the attitude.
This team was never more than a 6 game winner on its best day and that was going to take cohesion, great coaching and great leadership.
My biggest fear was that a team that had no history, players that focused on themselves, an inexperienced and unproven coaching staff, and a lack of interest in CU tradition would struggle when it got hard as the season went on. What I saw in the eyes of some of those guys and the behavior of those guys tells me it wasn’t wrong to be worried.
On top of having an OC and DC who are not getting the job done consistently, I don’t see a head coach that knows how to bring this all together just yet.

I am hopeful Sanders grows and maybe Lewis can too which helps bring these kids back into order. This only happens if everyone from Sanders to the backup punter look in the mirror and accept that what they are focused on needs to change. Embrace humility and discipline instead of talking about it and each person involved needs to focus on TEAM and accept their part in what we are seeing.

We have the talent to win 5-6 in this league and we are on track to bring in talent to win 7-8 next year and keep going. We won’t though until we take the spotlight off the individual and focus it on the whole. We won’t until we talk about how to handle business less and just go handle business.

The shine is off for everyone and it’s time to show what you can do when you aren’t adored. This is where HC earn their money. Let’s see how we adapt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News