ADVERTISEMENT

Position Group Numbers

JBTBUFFS

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
San Antonio, TX
5/14 - Scholarship Distribution Chart

Honest question, just asking everyones opinion. Seems there is a lot of concern over the WR & DB position group numbers.

Is it really such a problem having a total of 12 WR’s (source, 5/14 Scholarship Distribution Chart)? 6 will be true freshmen and not all will play a lot. After all, it seems we will be a pretty heavy pass oriented offense, up tempo, and it appears to me the coaches are trying to create a lot of competition in order to put the best possible product on the field, also with adequate depth. Also, gotta figure CP really wants Shedeur to have a talented stable of WR’s. I know it's an emotional hot point that we lost two very capable previous starters, but, MLC apparently made up his own mind to leave, and seems there was doubt about Tyson’s knee going forward. It just doesn’t seem to me like this position of need is that overstocked.

I guess I have a similar view of the DB’s. We are in a pass happy conference with a number of very solid, big time, returning QB’s that we’ll be facing this year. Right now we have 6 CB’s, two of which have been promised thay can compete for playing time on both sides of the ball. There are 7 safety’s, again does not look overly excessive. Every year we have quite a few injuries at these positions. I think we have brought in some serious talent upgrades to compete for playing time in the defensive backfield.

I know everyone wishes we could find talented add ons at QB (back-up), another RB (preferably a bigger back), and several big bodied Interior DL types. I’m sure the coaches are looking under every rock for these players, just like everyone else is. We still have a number of scholly's left to beef up these areas of concern, if there are any legit candidates out there. If not, I don't really understand why it's such a problem to offer someone with talent and potential at other positions of need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News