ADVERTISEMENT

Must Be Dreaming

RockyMtnMan

All-Pac 12
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
If anyone had told me at Thanksgiving 2022, CU would be in this spot with new coaches, Top 25 High School signing class, remarkable success in the TP, and some solid JUCO players, I would have laughed in their face. The hole CU Football had dug seemed to monumental to care very much.

I know some of us disagree on how bad CU's 2022 roster was, but I think HCP and his staff believe it simply wasn't P5 level, thus the massive influx of new blood across the board.

Anyway, HCP's ability to transform an entire coaching staff, roster, and expectation level in roughly 8 weeks is nothing short of amazing. Even with "Prime", I wouldn't have thought this much change was possible this fast. To be clear, I still think CU will face some struggles in 2023. There is still much work to be done to back-up the QB spot, depth at RB, and CU needs to add more talent along both lines and at RB. In addition, it's going to take some time for this team to gel. But, there is still time for this staff to bring in another elite RB, 2 or 3 very good LBs, and a couple more upgrades along both lines. CU does need to sign a top-notch QB to compete with Shadeur.

I won't let myself totally believe Cormani is coming to Boulder until he signs his LOI. Hard to believe the fact that CU is now competing for, and winning blue chip recruiting battles. The leap CU Football has taken from "no hope" to "potential bowl contender" has been fascinating and fun to watch. Looking forward to Spring Ball and the lead-up to TCU. Now for the selfish part. I hope HCP circles CSU and Nebraska on the schedule. Those are two home games CU MUST put in the Win column.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News