ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting perspective

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
Just had a business meeting with a guy I’ve known and respect for 25 years as a friend and client and a newer acquaintance who I also respect. My friend is a big Michigan booster and the other is an AD for a major P5 power.
We talked business then quantum physics and the power of the mind to create the life you want which we all believe in. This led to Sanders.
They asked how I felt and I said lucky to have the guy and that I admire and respect his success but his antics drive me nuts.

They both invited me to look at it from the power of the mind perspective. As they said no one is perfect and dumb stuff comes out of all of our mouths, especially when we are successful and others see it as boasting. It’s not boasting when you are just stating the obvious to you which is that of course you are successful and there are no limits because you don’t impose any. Calling others out for not getting that isn’t mean you genuinely don’t understand why they choose not to have everything they want because the only reason they don’t is their own fault for not making it so.

Their answer was of course he could potentially have handled the kids leaving better in choice of words but his life, as we all know, has been amazing. Doesn’t drink, doesn’t swear, embraces his own faith without pushing it on others, lives a mindful life and understands the power of the mind to make your life whatever you want. When you look beyond the goofiness that comes out of all our mouths occasionally it really is remarkable.

Guy is going to make mistakes and is going to come off as arrogant but no more so than anyone who is successful and gets it. He isn’t bragging. He is simply saying this is how it is and what I expect of me and anyone I work with or coach because why settle for mediocre.

It really resonated with me as I’ve been accused of a lot of the same stuff and have never cared because those who choose to be mediocre boggle my mind.

Sometimes you need those you respect who have no horse in the game to hold up that mirror.

Lots to chew on, and I’m sure he’ll say something that drives me nuts again but we are very lucky to have the guy. Pretty extraordinary human. Hope he finds a way to get us 6 wins this year. We would be off to the races at that point.

Cool morning conversation and new perspective

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News