ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comments on TP

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
I listened to this yesterday on a couple different shows and listened to guys talk about it. The thing that struck me is that 1. He isn’t wrong. The TP is not a place to go get starters. They are few and far in between. It’s why kids are in the TP 2. We mostly won’t lose guys who will go on to play important roles at a P4 because they got into the portal the first time because they couldn’t. 3. We likely can get a look at a couple of impact guys and land 1-2. Most teams won’t land more than 2-3 because there are not more than that percentage out there. It’s the TP and the TP doesn’t have many great players in it.

So my thought is 1. Yes good for us we have a coach that can get the 50-100 guys out there worth the TP as starters to look at us.

2. Do you not think before you speak. Your original line is we find things others don’t. These kids are diamonds in the rough and just need our help. The TP is the way to go. It’s a new day. High school recruiting isn’t important. Wait, wait, what I meant was there aren’t many good players in the TP and the guys leaving us aren’t good players anyways. And yes I still only recruited Hs lightly becuase we need to win now and I’m bringing in winners from the TP.

Uhhhh. It’s been this kind of talk since day one yet folks lap up the rock and Steven A smith etc and don’t actually listen or watch.

Maybe this is why we are seeing it being a bit more difficult this year with keeping good players and luring others.

I’m hopeful for the coming announcements and hopeful 2025 is the first real recruiting effort we have made and will reward us but there is no other way to spin this stuff then a guy who just doesnt know yet how to compete at P4 and needs someone to take over while he markets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News