ADVERTISEMENT

I know who on this board this was written to....

SoCo Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
Dear Buffalo Fans:

What an incredible start to our football season! Coach Prime, the team and our Department of Athletics staff are appreciative of your incredible support at our first two homes games, and for the sellouts for the rest of our home slate.

We want to remind you of our expectations of fan conduct during games. We expect all our fans to refrain from vulgar language, verbal or physical abuse, underage drinking, and overall intoxication. This type of conduct will not be tolerated at our home sporting events, and I have instructed our gameday staff and members of law enforcement to enhance their monitoring efforts of our fans’ conduct. Consequences for such behavior can include expulsion from the game, bans on attending future contests, student conduct investigations and, of course, legal action. Please act responsibly during our games, not only so others can enjoy the experience, but also so the world can see our passion and character.

In addition, I ask you to refrain from entering the field after games. Although “rushing the field” has long been a college football tradition, in recent years, many schools and conferences are cracking down on the practice, as it greatly jeopardizes the safety of players, coaches, staff and other fans. Rushing the field is in violation of University and Pac-12 regulations.

Unfortunately, after both of our first two home games, we received an inordinate number of complaints regarding fan conduct (especially student conduct), and after both of our home game victories, students and fans “rushed the field.” Such conduct is unacceptable, and I ask you to please refrain from such behavior for any future events.

Thank you again for your incredible support of the Buffs and for your respectful adherence to our fan conduct policies. It’s a great time to be a Colorado Buffalo, and I look forward to seeing you at Folsom Field on Saturday as we take on USC.

Go Buffs!
Rick George

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News