ADVERTISEMENT

CU volleyball and soccer thoughts on moving to the Big 12

Nikkieds

Buff All-American
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2022
HC Jesse Mahoney: "I think part of me is sad because we will enjoy your time, Pac 12. Part of me is really excited because the Big 12 is a great conference, and it's going to be something new and interesting for us as well. Big 12 was the number one RPI conference last year and have the national champion come out of it. So it's gonna be it's not like it's a step down in any way. It's it's gonna be great volleyball, great competition. And then, you know, I think we have traditionally recruited West of us and I think we can continue to do that as a good as an opportunity I think to to reach into Texas and kind of the Midwest a little bit more. So looking forward to that as well.

Taylor Simpson (Jr., Setter): I would say as someone who grew up in Southern California, the Pac-12 was all I knew growing up I didn't really even think like there were other conferences so that was always the goal for me, I think now going to be a junior and then once we enter the Big 12 I'll be a senior, I'm honestly really excited to finally see some new places. We've been to these places on the west coast a few times, I think from a recruiting perspective, and we've talked about it with Jesse, and our preseason. We're still going to try and play on the west coast as much as possible. So it's a good chunk of our teams from there. But I think a lot of us are actually super excited to see different parts of the nation.

Maya Tabron (Sr., Outside Hitter): I'd second all of that. I think growing up like Taylor said Pac-12 was a conference that I wanted to play in. That playing close to home was really cool because you get to the games, especially Stanford's super close to my home. But I don't necessarily think that changing a conference now if I were a freshman or senior high school right now that I will change my decision. I still think it's amazing school and I would just love the opportunity just to play wherever I can.

Jade Babcock-Chi (Grad, M): I only looked at Pac-12 schools honestly like for soccer. I think that the Pac-12 is one best conferences to be in and I was really adamant that I want to play the Pac-12. I'm really glad that I got to and I only went to the other a few other schools outside impactful but I think it'll definitely be different. Now with all the readjustment conferences, but from my personal experience, like I was really looking forward to playing Pac-12 And I'm still really excited that I'm part of the Pac-12.

Amaya Gonzalez (5th-year, M): Going to college for one thing was just a big deal and was the main goal for me and being able to do that through soccer was a big deal. I originally didn't plan to leave California and gotta say, once I took my visit here at CU, I loved it and it was no hesitation about it. And I think being able to compete in the Pac-12 was just another bonus another benefit to my experience in college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News