ADVERTISEMENT

Buffs look for some more upset magic ahead of tonight's showdown with U of A

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Tad Boyle on U of A: "They'll be ready to play the Buffs. They'll be mentally ready, they'll be emotionally ready — I know Tommy Lloyd, he's a competitive dude. But we're going to be ready, too."

High stakes tonight. Must-win game as far as NCAA Tournament consideration goes. Ironically, the Buffs' win over Oregon yesterday knocked the Ducks out of being a Q1 team in the NET, thus taking away from CU's win in Eugene earlier this season. Funny how that all works.

So, point being, Colorado deprived itself of a Q1 win, which is obviously not good as far as Selection Sunday is concerned.

But, at any rate, a golden opportunity is right ahead of the Buffs in the No. 1 seed/No. 2-ranked Arizona Wildcats. Pretty lame that this game is televised on the Pac-12 Network but hope it'll be a good one regardless.

Looks like Wildcats starting guard Kerr Kriisa is going to be out due to a right ankle sprain — he averages over 30 MPG and 10 PPG, so that's a significant loss and a potential break for CU.

Wildcats are a 10.5-point favorite last time I checked, per Vegas Insider. Personally, I think that's a bit high.

Tipoff is at 7 p.m. MST tonight. Think the Buffs can pull it off?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News