ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games thoughts...especially yesterday

PeakBuff

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2006
Allenspark/Palisade
Bit surprised that there has been no ongoing discussion on the board of some of the games. Of course, some teams are not playing with their full roster, but yesterday they essentially were. Earlier, Tennessee proved to be the much better team than Clemson, and the Vols replacement and future QB strikes quite the imposing figure and is an incredible athlete. Can’t say I minded Uncle Nick and the Tide spanking KSU, as I find their fans often insufferable.

Interesting that the two teams departing the Big XII (Horns and Sooners) both lost, and that the first Big XII university (TCU, of course) to play for the championship in the playoff era is not a public flagship university. (Washington beating Texas = good for the Pac, for now.)

Yesterday was really something. Georgia pulls it out and will try for the two-in-a-row. (Gotta have some sympathy for the Buckeyes‘ kicker.) TCU putting 51 points on big bad Meechigan was quite the feat. (Albeit two of those TDs were pick-sixes.)

Cynics may wonder if the powers-that-be were consciously or subconsciously hoping for the Big 10 rematch of the Buckeyes vs. the Wolverines in the championship. I’m guessing not too many college football fans foresaw neither Big 10 school making the finals. Incredible QB play on display all over the place the last few days.

Final note: Too bad UW’s Cowboys lost to Ohio, but they were playing without their best RBs. Utah vs Penn State in the Rose Bowl is very compelling. Hope this time the Utes win it. Think of it, the Utah Utes in the Rose Bowl two years in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News