ADVERTISEMENT

B1G distribution up to 32 million per school

SD Buff

Folsom Field King
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
San Diego
For FY 2015. LINK
The PAC is a year behind, Wilner attempted a projection that has the PAC around 25 million for the same fiscal year.

Of note, the B1G will be the last to negotiate their main TV contract that expires in two years. If they match or exceed the recent Big 12 and PAC deals, they're going to blow the lid off the PAC distribution wise.

Even if the PAC 12 Networks get a deal done with DirecTV and gain better National distribution, we're still going to significantly lag behind the SEC and B1G.

My point? I don't see anyway there isn't once last reshuffling of the deck. Whether the Big 12 and PAC 12 expand with G5 schools or we see a consolidation of the P5 to the P4, something is going to break IMO. Unless the Presidents of the ACC, Big 12 and PAC 12 are OK with the gap?

Personally, I see a 4x16 Power 4 coming down the pike. It makes the most sense with the B1G expanding to 16 for their new TV contract. Which has a domino effect of the SEC expanding to 16. Both conferences can take schools from the Big 12 and ACC. Then the PAC can take four from the Big 12 and whoever is left over in the Big 12 can merge with the whoever is left from the ACC and there you have it.

B1G at 16
SEC at 16
ACC at 16
PAC at 16

There are currently 65 Power 5 schools, so one school would get left out.

Either this or invite more to the party.

I know everyone aside from the SEC is locked in with the Grant of Rights and this would take a lot of people coming together to decide how to divide everyone up. But can't shake the feeling we'll see one last big realignment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News