ADVERTISEMENT

Another Davis Webb thread

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
Figured I should create a new thread so this post doesn't get buried in another.

Davis Webb has said nothing to the Buffaloes' staff and the CU signees he interacts with that would indicate he is second-guessing his decision to enroll at CU on May 31. In fact, he tried to downplay the significance of his trip to Berkeley before taking it.

That said, I talked with two individuals that cover and have sources within the Cal program, and Webb has given the Golden Bears' staff the indication he is leaning towards enrolling there. And then of course there is the news from ESPN today that Webb plans to take a visit to Auburn.

From what I'm told, Cal's quarterback competition is wide open. A couple of their quarterbacks have performed "okay" this spring but none of them have separated themselves. The two Cal reporters I talked to said Webb would unquestionably be the front-runner to win the job if he went there. Cal is trying to sell Webb on the idea that he could catapult them to 9+ wins and get drafted.

What does all this mean? Don't be surprised if Webb flips, but don't completely write off CU's chances yet. I wish I could give you all something more concrete than that but I don't like to just speculate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News