ADVERTISEMENT

After digesting the game a bit and thinking about things, watching some tape....

OhioBuffs

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2021
1. Our D is gonna give up yards and points all year - no way around it. Nub game will probably be an anomaly due to their (lack of) QB pass game.
2. Our O is gonna be 90% pass 1st all year. The quick stuff to the outside is just an extension of the run game. Sometimes you get 1yd, sometimes 4, sometimes 7. Just the way it is. SS has pre-snap options for this to the wide side and boundary he just needs to pick the correct side to attack.
3. For as average as Wells was a C, we missed him vs CSU. The frosh kid from Creek struggled. His snaps were slow, low, and probably caused some timing and/or rhythm issues. He wasnt ready to play meaningful crucial snaps. CSU was able to push the middle of the OL back at times. Sanders did not have adequate time to view the field and receivers did not have time to work routes, especially down the field.
4. CSU gameplan was to disrupt the flow - the fake injuries, jawing, and antics were all meant to get in the heads of CU. It worked.
5. We looked way better vs TCU and NU than we did Saturday. We were sloppy and out of sort. I also think we took them lightly, saw the line, and thought we could sleepwalk thru it. Another example of this is nothing more than a Rammie superbowl.
6. We added another weapon for teams to account for - Harrison. CSU had 0 answer for him. Now teams have to identify him, Edwards, Horn, and Weaver.
7. I quietly wondered about Hunter playing so much O. He is invaluable as an island corner. Now we are without him for what appears to be multiple weeks. Breedlove did ok in reserve but he isnt Hunter.

I do not think we are as bad as we showed Saturday. All the outside distractions and leadup to the game showed this team has some real maturing to do. They learned to win with their backs against the wall trailing by 11 in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News