ADVERTISEMENT

A Ray of Hope

Tatonka82

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2015
MOVED FROM ANOTHER TREAD - hoping to drive some discussion.

I may be dreaming but I do have some hope left in the tank and unlike many on this board that projects complete doom for this season, I believe it all hinges on 1 coaching decision that will set in motion either a much needed shot of energy and excitement or throw water on any hope of a competitive CU team. That decision of course is to start and stick with JT Shrout at QB.

In my view, the positives far out way the negatives. Will he gamble and force some throws yes, but It's clear after Friday night, that he isn't afraid, he understands the importance of timing and velocity and can be an effective leader. Call me crazy but I saw a little Gardner Menshew (sp) absent the mustache, formerly at WSU under Leach. The energy and spark he brought to the entire team and fans in the stadium was palpable.

What I see happening if HCKD makes the move is a chain like reaction:
#1 - Offense gets some swagger, passing game gets some real teeth, receivers suddenly are really excited and running routes harder knowing Shrout can put the ball on their hands anywhere on the field because he can make all of the throws; running game improves because defenses can't stack the box now that the passing game is a real threat, screen game improves again because of the improved passing game, OL is happier because the ball is coming out quickly thus sacks decrease, OL is excited also because they aren't seeing 8 man fronts daring CU to throw the ball, the chains move more frequently keeping the opposing defense on the field longer challenging their conditioning for a change, our OC gets to dive deep into his playbook and we see the real "entirely new offense" we've heard about, we start putting 30 plus points on the board and finally we're aren't losing our best skill players to the portal after 2 years.
AND THEN
#2 - the defense is given LIFE from all of this because they now know that they don't have to hold a team under 10 points to have a chance of winning; they are energized and inspired to raise their play level to match an offense that has caught fire, they come out of the locker room with fire in their eyes ready to close out the game ... morale problem solved.
AND THEN
#3 - the fan base begins to believe that maybe there is some real hope for the future when McCown takes over for Shrout in a few years, the stay in their seats until the final horn goes off, they're excited about CU football again and maybe even donate and form a collective for NIL.
AND THEN
#4 - recruits pick up the vibe that Colorado is turning the corner and is something to be a part of again, and 4 star recruits start to take a chance on CU, and because current players see the optimism in the program, they aren't looking for the first train out of Boulder resulting in the team becoming more mature and Senior / Junior loaded.
AND THEN
#5 - It's not such a pipe dream that the B10 would take adding CU seriously.
AND THEN
#6 - We have a hell of a time on this board talking about the upward trajectory of the program and who's going to the bowl game, where they're staying and where to meet for drinks.

AND IF HCKD REFUSES TO DO THE RIGHT THING
Well then, we're screwed.

Top of the morning Buff fans!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News