ADVERTISEMENT

2024 6-foot-8 OL target/Oregon commit JacQawn McRoy recaps Colorado OV

Matt Moreno

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
colorado.rivals.com

High three-star offensive line commit Jac'Qawn McRoy has been committed to Oregon since July but after having a chance to watch the Buffs throughout the season and see the need for offensive linemen in Boulder he decided he wanted to explore the program a bit more. So, he decided to use his final official visit on a trip to Colorado. Director of recruiting Darrius Darden-Box is running point in the recruitment with help from Charles Kelly and Deion Sanders, and that trio helped get him on campus for the visit. Now he's focused in on deciding whether or not to remain committed to the Ducks or flip to CU.

The biggest pull to Boulder for the 6-foot-8, 350-pound recruit is the proximity to his home in Alabama (he mentioned the 2-and-half-hour flight multiple times in our conversation) and the clear need for offensive linemen right now with the Buffs. He wants to play early and the sense I get is he doesn't feel that will be the case at Oregon. He also seems to feel like the staff there has not made him as big of a priority since he committed — you can read in the article but he alluded to feeling "needed" at CU.

The only thing, it would seem, at this stage preventing him from flipping is that there is no official OC or OL coach in place. McRoy says he's confident Sanders can appoint someone he will like but he is hoping to find that information out before coming to a decision.

He is a midyear enrollee and will graduate Dec. 15 before signing Dec. 20, so if the Buffs can't reach a decision on those two spots before then it could make it difficult to land the high-level offensive tackle prospect. I do get the sense there's a chance he'd commit anyway, but the Buffs at least have him thinking after a good weekend in Boulder.

"They obviously need O-linemen, and I want to play. That's a good place to go if you want to develop and play at the same time, because like I said they need O-linemen. And, you really wanna go where you're needed and not tolerated, basically. Of course you're gonna help the school, because I'm a highly-ranked kid so you're gonna help whatever school I go to regardless. But you wanna go there and actually be successful. You don't just want to go there and they're like, 'We go this kid who was ranked this high' and you don't touch the field."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News