ADVERTISEMENT

What Are Your Takeaways From The Michigan Game?

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
10 Takeaways From The Loss To Michigan

1. Goodbye Sefo Liufau haters. My goodness did he ball out today throwing for 16 of 25 for 246-yards and 3 BIG touchdowns. What poise he has. What a warriors. Michigan Football Coach Jim Harbaugh raved about him after the game.

2. Special teams was atrocious. Missed field goal, blocked punt for a touchdown, punt into protection, and punt returned for a touchdown. That is 24 points.

3. Too many gimmick plays. Colorado is too good to be running reverse passes, etc. Line up and execute. Especially with Sefo in the game. Zero times should Sefo be catching the football.

4. Jim Leavitt out coached Michigan’s offensive coordinator today. Leavitt had the defense coming and despite the fact that Colorado lacks high caliber at linebacker, the Buffs were bringing it and looked great until they got down.

5. The secondary might not be tops in the PAC 12, might be among the best in the nation. Wilton Speight was 2 of 9 passing for 16-yards in the first quarter. Those were not bad balls, the defensive secondary was right there.

6. Not a terrible loss. If anything people have gained respect from Colorado’s performance today. The score does not reflect how close this game was. A healthy Colorado can win the South Conference this year. No BS.

7. Seemed like the offense started to go away from Phillip Lindsay. I know they were down, but they were not down multiple touchdowns throughout and felt they just stopped going to him, Michael Adkins II stepped in, why?

8. By The Numbers
Alex Kinney punted 8 times for 338-yards
Kinney Allen (Michigan) punted 7 times for 275-yards
Jabrill Peppers had over 10 tackles, 2 kick off returns for 81-yards, a punt return for 99-yards, and 2 rushing attempts for 24-yards.
Michigan ran the football 41 times for just 168-yards (4.1 average)
Colorado ran the ball 33 times for 64-yards (1.9 average)

9. Steven Montez or Jordan Gehrke are not ready to go. Montez was 0-7, Gehrke threw one pass for 1-yard. Montez was running for his life and looked completely spooked.

10. This is what I learned: Colorado is a dam good football team and brought it today to Michigan. The difference was those simple things which separate Top 5 teams from unranked teams. Watching several PAC 12 teams recently, Colorado is coming. IF the Buffs are healthy, I would be shocked/floored if these guys don’t go bowling.

What are yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News