ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Pac-12 schools batting for McCallan Castles

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Front page link ----> https://colorado.rivals.com/news/pac-12-schools-batting-for-mccallan-castles

uxkoyzt6yiqttorkhusz

The recruiting process has been heating up for South Lake Tahoe (Calif.) South Tahoe tight end McCallan Castles.

He has double digit scholarship offers, and with all of the schools that have come by to see him, he could be on his way to more scholarship offers. Castles has been eyeing an offer from Notre Dame for a few months now.

"We've had quite a few coaches come through," Castles said. "It's been crazy."

Schools that have already offered Castles, such as Cal, Utah, and Washington State, have also visited him during the spring evaluation period.

Wazzu has been on Castles especially hard this spring, and he hopes to visit Pullman in late-June. Notre Dame also wants to see him in person again before they offer.

Utah and Cal have been in close contact with Castles, and he has taken visits to both schools this spring.

"It was good. I loved it there," Castles said about his Cal visit. "It was amazing. I love the coaching staff. It was definitely a fun visit."

Colorado has been recruiting Castles for quite some time as he received the offer from the Buffs back in October of 2016. Castles visited Boulder for CU's spring game back in March.

"I've been talking to them. Coach Adams is going to come by the school, and I'd talked to coach Mac the other day," Castles said. "He was checking in on me."

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound three-star prospect enjoyed his conversation with MacIntyre.

"He's excited for me to get back out there, and he's looking forward to see how I do this season," Castles said. "I hope to visit Colorado again."

It's not only Pac-12 schools that are battling for Castles. An SEC schools jumped into the mix with a new offer - Ole Miss.

Castles is in no rush to make a commitment. Near the end of the summer, he will narrow down his recruitment to a top eight schools list. His plan is to take some official visits during the season and make a college commitment near the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News