ADVERTISEMENT

Ran into.....

OhioBuffs

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2021
Bengals HC Zac Taylor Saturday evening here in SW Ohio. Wife and I were out at a local bar/grill for dinner. In walks the coach and his kids, who were in basketball unis - must have had a youth game close to me. Of course, once he was recognized, he was mobbed. He was very gracious with everyone though, and took the time to chat and take pics with anyone who wanted. Wife and I got our pic with him, but I dont know how to upload it here. He is really a mellow down to earth dude to be honest.

Anyway, knowing he (Taylor) played at Nebraska and against the Buffs in 05 and 06 (I think), I took the opportunity to loudly state GO BUFFS!!! as he walked by the table I was at. He smiled, stopped and turned, and said 'I wont hold that against you' and we had a laugh. He introduced himself and we talked for a few. Another 'in' I had with him is that my college roomie (who I have spoken about here) who went into coaching recruited Taylor when Taylor was at Butler County JC in Kansas (Jayhawk League). Taylor said the name was familiar (of my coaching buddy) but that was 20yrs ago so I did not expect him to remember. When I told him my buddy and I went to Dodge City JC (same conference) he said he hated them ha.

For all you fantasy geeks out there - he told me Burrows wrist is fine lol.

And since he mentioned he wouldn't hold it against me for being a CU fan, he said we got a good one in our new DC.

My coaching buddy has always told me that Taylor has one of the best football minds he has ever run across in his 35yrs experience. Lets hope some of Taylors mental horsepower bled onto our DC.

Anyway, pretty cool experience. I could hear people calling friends, etc saying Taylor was in the place. Felt bad for a kid and his dad who showed up after Taylor left all decked out in Bengals gear and the kid having a football, presumably for Taylor to sign.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News