ADVERTISEMENT

OT = Thank You For Your Support On My Cancer Journey

NCBuff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Hello Buff Nation and Supporters,

Here’s my latest update on my cancer journey. After meeting with my oncologist on July 15th, we discussed the following based on the most recent genomic testing results:

• The general results for abnormal genes circulating in my blood had not significantly changed from a similar test eighteen months before. My genes must really love their routine!
• I still have atypical activity in my blood. Guess my blood just likes to keep things interesting.
• My immunotherapy drug, Keytruda, has stabilized the metastatic tumors in my lungs. I guess you could say Keytruda and I are getting pretty serious now.
• My blood tests for kidney function are now in the higher normal ranges. My kidneys are finally making the honor roll!
• My itching and fatigue continue; however, pausing Keytruda is not advisable. Seems like Keytruda and I are in it for the long haul.
• Some of my oncologist’s patients have paused their immunotherapy treatment and have been unable to restart due to myriad issues. So, it's best I don’t take any extended vacations from it.

Based on the above-mentioned points, we have concluded that it is more prudent to continue this therapy. Of course, during this time, I will continue to be closely monitored for renal problems as well as cardiac issues.I feel that I can now get off the tightrope and relieve some of the stresses in my life. I had truly hoped that I could take a pause, but that’s simply not feasible. Apparently, my journey and Keytruda are on a never-ending road trip.

I appreciate your ongoing prayers and donations that continue to support me in my ongoing journey. If you would like to drop a donation my way, click https://gofund.me/75039b6b

Thank you for your love and support.
With heartfelt gratitude, blessings to All,

Craig - Go Buffs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.