ADVERTISEMENT

OT - My Latest Cancer Journey Adventure

NCBuff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Hello Buff Nation: As we await the start of our seeason, welcome to the latest episode of my ongoing medical saga—season unknown, but the plot thickens!

On August 12th, I took another thrilling trip to Winston-Salem for my oncology visit. It was pretty much business as usual, with the highlight being my standard couple of bags of fluid before the main event. No matter how hard I try, chronic dehydration and I seem to be in a committed relationship. After the treatment, my trusty driver and friend, Keith, and I made a pit stop at the West End Café—a staple in historic Winston-Salem. It's not quite as good as Pasta Jay's, but we filled our bellies, then hit the road back to Charlotte, where I immediately crashed for the next four hours. Between the trip and the cocktail of meds, I was out like a light!

Now, for the shocking part: my drug costs a jaw-dropping $77,000 per dose. Thankfully, I’m currently receiving it at no charge under a compassionate consideration program. Fingers crossed that with all the billing changes in the hospital and insurance world, I can keep riding that no-charge wave!Of course, the bills for all the other visits, copays, procedures, CT scans, and medications still have my name on them. But hey, what's life without a few extra zeros on your bills, right?

In other news, my vision has been giving me more trouble than a bad plot twist. Despite changing my eyeglass prescription, things have only gotten blurrier. So, I went back to the eye doc to figure out what the heck is going on. Drumroll, please... it turns out my cataracts are now COMPLETELY mature! The good news? It's crystal clear why I couldn’t see. A follow-up appointment is in the works, and soon I'll have a surgical date set. Goodbye, glasses (fingers crossed)! A friend donated 2 club tickets for the October 12 game with Okie State. I want to make sure I don't miss any details!

With your prayers and support, I’m hanging in there. To continue to help support me, please click the "Donate" button at this link https://gofund.me/6ddceb81

You can also send me a direct message by clicking the button. With blessings, heartfelt gratitude, and a wink of humor,
Craig (NCBuff) Sko Buffs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.