ADVERTISEMENT

Official

SoCo Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
I’m excited to announce that we have hired Deion “Coach Prime” Sanders as the 28th full-time head football coach at the University of Colorado.

Coach Prime is a nationally prominent figure who will provide an unprecedented lift to our football program and our university and will instantly make the Colorado Buffaloes a force to be reckoned with on the national stage.

Coach comes to CU Boulder after an incredibly successful three years as head coach at Jackson State, where he went 27-5, won back-to-back Southwestern Athletic Conference titles earning him back-to-back SWAC Coach of the Year honors, and in 2021 he won the Eddie Robinson Award as the season’s Football Championship Subdivision coach of the year. He is also a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame after a 14-year career in the NFL, the College Football Hall of Fame, and spent nine years playing Major League Baseball.

Beyond those impressive accomplishments, Coach is a charismatic motivator whose passion and enthusiasm for his student-athletes will make him a great fit for CU Boulder.

We will officially introduce Coach at a press conference on Sunday, December 4 at 1:30 p.m. You can watch the press conference live on CUBuffs.com or via social media.

I greatly appreciate your continued support of Colorado Athletics and hope you will join me in welcoming Coach Prime to the CU family. Go Buffs!

Sincerely,

Rick George
READ MORE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News