ADVERTISEMENT

Notes From Practice today - post #2

SoCo Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
Notes from the practice:

• We sat in the touchdown club (end-zone) and the new board looks great even from all the way on the other end. Not gigantic but so so much better! The ribbon board around the stadium wrapping the board and the east side looks great to. Should be good for sponsor $.
  • The team is for sure better than last year on the lines. Again I saw 2 practices last year, but these guys look much better, and bigger.
  • I think coaching makes us 5-7 or 7-5
  • OL – Seaton looks the part, but he got burned 3 times during drills and during the scrimmage. Kid will be good but is a dang true freshman. Left tackle is the highest pressure position on the line.
  • OL We lost a started earlier this week. Dislocated elbow. May be back for NDSU, but not sure. The line has some depth for sure, a little drop off from #1 to #2 line but not like last year.
  • OL – some brain farts for sure, again we have 2 more weeks to get there, but they were not 100% in sink.
  • DL – We will rush the passer. No question they look better, Like the OL it was #1 vs #2 during the scrimmage but the pressure was real especially on the edges. I was disappointed in the DL run stopping. O#2 scored 3 rushing TD’s. Cokes played awesome, 2 sacks 2 TFL.
  • DL was for sure very talkative, even during drills, they have some mouths on them, hope they back it up!
  • QB – Sanders look very smooth and comfortable, guy can drop a deep ball the best I may have ever seen from a CU QB. Was sacked a few times mainly he held the ball to long.
  • RB – Micah Welch is the real deal. Kid was best back of the day. Hayden played well and was a load, ran hard. Prediction Offerdahl scores a touchdown vs. NDSU. I’ll take all bets on this.
  • WR – Travis looks better than last year. He has put on a good 10lbs and it looks like mostly in his legs. Guy made his 2 TD’s look like child’s play. Wester will be a play maker for sure. We have some great talent at WR.
  • Offense in general. I only say 4 plays with TE, did not see Sam Hart play. WE are 4 wide and 5 wide 80% of the time.
Ok that is what I remember off the top of my head. Feel free to ask questions if anyone has one. HCDS and both OC and DC talked to us from about 15 minutes each well HCDS was more like 30 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.