ADVERTISEMENT

My Updated Cancer Journey

NCBuff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Charlotte, NC
To my supportive CU Buffs family, and any new friends who might join the fight: I wanted to give you the latest news…

Medical Update (6/01/2024):
• Scans Completed: My last visit on 05/20/2024 went well—scans with contrast dye done, no reaction to the dye. Thankful!• Stable Condition: Great news! No new growths.
• Blood Work: Values have settled down, no drop in a week. Dr. P is relieved.• Infusion: Dr. P is okay with continuing the infusion this time
.• Keytruda Pause: Dr. P shared stories of patients who paused Keytruda. A pause might be a good thing, especially considering my blood values and other critical functions that have been troubling
.• Body Rest: Keytruda revs up the immune system and puts the body on alert. A break could help.

Big Decision Time:
Do I listen to my body, dealing with excessive fatigue, possible congestive heart failure, and worsening kidney disease? Or do I push forward with Keytruda, knowing I've always valued quality of life over quantity? If I pause, will the cancer roar back? If I don't, will my kidney issues and blood values worsen? Is there a point of no return? Will I feel better and have more energy if I stop? Diane and I haven't been anywhere in well over a year, and our anniversary is coming up. I want to feel strong enough to have some fun. Do I honor my body’s need for rest or push forward? I feel frozen with fear right now.

A Leap of Faith:
Years ago, I jumped out of an airplane by myself with a static line. Crouching in the doorway, heart in my throat, the helmet radio didn't work, and I couldn’t hear instructions from the ground. Now feels a little like then—total terror and another leap of faith.
Your generous donations and heartfelt prayers have gone directly towards the following
:• Medical treatments
• Medications
• Living Expenses
• Creating Joy

I may have cancer, but I also have an army of incredible people like you. Together, we can show cancer that it picked the wrong person to mess with. Your support means the world to me, my wife, Diane and my cat, Ollie. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel unstoppable with your support.

If you feel you can make a donation, please click on this link:
https://gofund.me/53814300

With love, laughter and a fighting spirit! Blessings, Craig. (NCBuff) Go Buffs!

Reactions: CU Punish
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News