ADVERTISEMENT

More on CU hosting the Florida trio over the weekend

John Garcia Jr.

Buff Recruit
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2023

Initial returns from NOB are very positive. Even getting a visit, as we reported last week, was a big deal. He was previously set on seeing Notre Dame and Texas before making a late decision. Now, CU is thrusted into the mix and the pedigree of coaches and attention he got while in town has the Buffs trending as not only a contender, but one inching up a list that also includes Michigan, Notre Dame (where his brother played), Ohio State, USC and Florida.

Speaking of Ohio State, Merritt has long been on board and rock solid to the Bucks. He remains on board following the Colorado trip, and admitted the impression was one that could be a wrench into his recruitment. Merritt told Rivals he got a lot of time with both players and coaches and he felt like he could fit into that CU culture that is developing. IMG had a couple of bye weeks but now they're back at it, so he says his focus is there and not recruiting. It means he either sticks with OSU or the Buffs pull an upset. We hear the staff is relatively confident with these recruits in general, by the way.

Hudson may be the most unique recruit of the three to have made the move to Boulder over the weekend. He is a longtime UCF commitment who saw the program go to Orlando and secure a huge win. Then the trip was set, so this one has been brewing a bit longer than it had with the IMG duo.

"It was great overall," Hudson told Rivals. "Really great to get up there for a game and get a feel of the atmosphere. It’s really a great place. My favorite part was sitting down and talking to Coach Prime and Coach Lewis and Coach Rispress -- all of them are very down to earth people who care about their athletes and they have a great plan for my future. Not just on the field but also off the field.

"They’re definitely in a great standing with me."

If there is a Floridian to keep the closest eye on from the weekend, I'd go with Hudson, who is as productive a prep defensive tackle as there is in the class of 2025 (27 TFL, 9 sacks in 2023).

Reactions: SoCo Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.