ADVERTISEMENT

Kabion article in the NewsStand

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002
From the BDC: http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_32211242/if-number-called-kabion-ento-is-ready-help

Chiaverini also echoed Ento's own sentiments regarding the senior's lack of playing time so far this season. Likewise, he expects Ento to respond if he gets his chance against the Huskies.

"It's not so much what Kabion hasn't done. It's more about what KD Nixon has done," Chiaverini said.

OK, this one has got me. What has KD done? He had a the big TD catch against CSU, which followed up a dozen other attempts at that play that failed pretty miserably, followed up by another long sideline catch 4 games later, followed up by not much.

Literally, the one play I've been waiting for was the play late against USC.
20181016__17BZFBLw~1.jpg

Didn't make the catch here but drew a pass interference penalty on the 1 time he ran a go. His size forced the defender to climb over him to try and get the ball. It drew a penalty right away. If that was KD, it would have been another incompletion or worse, it's going to end up being an interception.

I hope that play opened Chev's eyes and he uses Kabion more in that role while using Nixon more in the slot with McIntyre out. Nixon's got all that speed to burn down the middle of the field and more room away from the sideline to find room to roam. Kabion can use his size to muscle a CB on fade routes, slants, and curls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News