ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Folsom Field: October 12th (Depth Chart/Press Conference)

B

Brie Thomas

Tuesday's Press Conference:

Coach MacIntyre:
"I have a lot of respect for Todd Graham and how he runs his program and what he does, he'll have them ready to play, they will be blitzing walking off the bus, that's what he loves to do. It always fun going up against him and what he does there, they've got a heck of a football team, they are 5-1 and they are really good and they've been good for a while, so it's going to be tough test for us here but I'm glad were playing at Folsom, our kids love playing at Folsom."

"He's kind of a reactionary guy anyway, he has the ability to make those types of plays, some people don't but I do think he understands our offense and does understand reading defenses but when you are a young player sometimes it takes you a little while, after you've played a couple different defenses you go okay, that's what they are trying to do, you're able to simulate it a little bit quicker but he's played really well, I've been impressed with what he's done so far for sure," On Montez.

Afolabi Laguda:
"I think we are rebounding pretty strong, Coach Mac has definitely been on us about practicing hard and getting that intensity back in us, last Saturday we kind of came out flat, we didn't play Colorado football so were definitely trying to get our edge back this week."

"I would guess, I mean JuJu is a great player as well as the other SC athletes out there, I mean I thought they were just trying to distribute the ball to other athletes evenly," On if USC was targeting him during the game.

"Last week we just lacked mental focus, like mental preparation, every new team each week throws in a new wrinkle in their playbook so I feel like halfway through the season, we've seen everything that an offense can throw at us, now it's just about lining up right, playing our formation and when that ball is snapped just being in the right place at the right time."

Bryce Bobo:
"I think USC's front seven did a really good job of bringing pressure to Montez and kind of getting him out of is comfort zone a little bit and that kind of set us up to where we couldn't get the ball down the field to the wide receivers."

"Any type of big play like that to give us momentum is a great thing to have, you know we had a lack of that in the first half and that's why we came out with a trick play the one that I threw to Phil, kind of just gave us a little spark and started off the drive right."

"First of all I love night games, I think most of the guys on the team love night games and that kind of atmosphere in Folsom, were expecting a lot of fans and were just trying to come out with a big win, especially over ASU, someone we haven't beat yet."

============================================================

k5ujfmoxb7ddx8brxp3x

Monday Practice Report

BOULDER-- After a tough loss to USC this past weekend the Buffs are now looking forward to Arizona State on Saturday at home.

The Buffs are still at the top of the PAC 12 South with ASU, right now it's wide open for someone to take it.

"Basically everybody is capable so I think it's going to go down here the next six weeks, definitely anybody could win it and of course we want to win it and every other team in the South wants to win it so we're excited about what's in front of us."

The Buffs are going to need to bounce back this weekend, to prove to everybody they are a legitimate team this year that can compete at a high level.

"I think they will rebound well, we played really hard Saturday, had our opportunities just didn't get it done and they come out here with our same mindset, it's about what Colorado does, they had that today and I believe they will show up to play Saturday."

This week is no different in how the quarterbacks are practicing. Both Steven Montez and Sefo Liufau both took reps again at practice and the starting decision will be made later this week.

"We're going to work this week like we did the previous couple of weeks and see how Sefo is feeling and go from there."

"No, he didn't when he ran that one time and got tackled from behind I was a little nervous but he got up and it didn't irritate it any worse that it was," on if Liufau had any setbacks during his playing time.

Against the Trojans, it took a while for the wide receivers to get in rhythm but eventually Bryce Bobo found his way and quickly became Montez's top target. After Saturday's game Bobo has exceeded his career highs in catches and yardage this season.

"Bryce's whole situation was he has never stayed healthy through fall camp, never, until this year. So that was the key, you know he's bigger, he's stronger, he had the best offseason. So him being healthy he just kind of matured into the process and his body is ready to go, he's always had great hands, he's always run good routes, he's always been a good player."

Right tackle Aaron Haigler will be out his week with a sprained MCL, Sam Kronshage will be the guy who starts Saturday at that position, the two have been rotating since the seasons started.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News