ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Folsom Field: November 29th (Depth Chart)

B

Brie Thomas

Tuesday Press Conference

Mike MacIntyre:
"These young men and how well they have played and bought into everything we have asked them to do, our coaching staff has done a phenomenal job with them and all our auxiliary people, everybody that touches our young men have had an absolute pride and commitment to us being successful, from our trainers, our strength staff, our equipment managers, our football ops, everybody has done so much to propel our young men and instilled confidence in them and belief and that's what happened. I'm just fortunate to wear head coach in front of my name and just go along with the ride so it's pretty special."

"You trying to make me cry, I think about my dad all the time. Honestly at practice today I had a moment where I was just kind of looking around and I said wow, we're still practicing, wow here we go and I thought this would be really cool if dad could see this so I do think of him quite often."

Sefo Liufau:
"I'm very confident in going against these guys [UW defense], I'm very confident in going against anybody in the nation, it's just the matter of preparing and understanding your opponent, strength's, weaknesses, what they like to do, like you said they are a very good defense, very good secondary, I've seen that just from the film. I go against a very good secondary as well like you alluded too so I'm excited to play them."

"It definitely took some time, I think as a whole we didn't buy in and I don't know how fast I bought in either, it takes time especially with me, I'm really about connections and I'm not the most open person so it's all about gaining trust from someone but just to see him [Mac] continually try to reach us in any way possible and help build the comradery of the team, it really meant a lot to these guys and it's definitely has helped us now and I think we've really built a strong foundation and it's helped us this year to be successful."

Tedric Thompson:
"It's still a debate about who came up with it between Chido and Fo, they both say they came up with it, I don't really remember who came up with it, they came up to me in the locker room [Ahkello, Chido and Fo] we we're trying to figure out what to come up with. I remember Chido saying it has to be something about money because we're all trying to get money. One of them came up with it and we've just been rolling with it ever since."

"He [Browning] is a great quarterback, he was up for the Heisman and in my opinion he still should be up the Heisman, one of the best quarterbacks in the PAC 12, he got offensive player of the year, it's crazy that he is a young guy but he plays like a veteran, he plays like he is a senior and he controls the entire offense, he knows how to check plays, he knows how to scramble, he knows how to make things happen with his feet and stuff like that, he knows how to read coverages, read defenses so like I said early we just have to study him and keep studying the offense."

================================================================

qntaztn7jc28kcuf0p8b

Monday Practice Report

BOULDER-- When the 2016 football season started the Buffs set out to be PAC 12 Champions, nobody believed them when they said they would get there but now they are one game away from making their dream a reality.

They will have to face a tough Washington team on Friday to have it all come to fruition.

"To me, they are one of the most well-rounded teams we've seen all year, there is no doubt about it, they are a really good football team, Coach Petersen has done a good job with them, they have got some really good players."

With injuries coming and going this year, there have been plenty of guys stepping up and filling in. They will need everyone on the team to be locked in on Friday night against a very good Huskies team.

"It's huge for your success like we say star in your role and everybody's dreams can come true, if they didn't star in their roles we wouldn't be playing in this game and that's happened with a lot of different guys this year," Coach MacIntyre on guys like Kabion Ento and Shane Callahan stepping up. "That's why it is important to have a good overall football team."

Although the team is having a lot of success this year they can't get too complacent because this game is going to be tough and emotional. Focus this week is going to be key.

"I think they are a little bit more use to it now but the great thing about the PAC 12 Championship game is, it's an event, you go out before the game a little bit earlier, you're out there for the national anthem, just to understand you're going to be excited and you should be, you deserve it, enjoy the moment but focus like crazy on what you do and that's what they are going to have to do."

Bryce Bobo practiced today and is day-to-day for the game on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News