ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Gratitude To Entire Team, Especially Seniors

RockyMtnMan

All-Pac 12
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
Thank you Colorado Buffalo's Football players. You came together as a team and made it fun to watch CU Football again. The Senior Class, you young men are special. The coaching staff, terrific job. Buff fans, thank you for starting to believe again. In addition, thank you for making game day in Boulder relevant again. Right now I am so proud of CU football. In my wildest dreams I didn't think this much progress would be accomplished in one year. Worst - to - First. 10 wins in 2016. For the Colorado Football program, this was a top 10 all time season by anyone's standards.

Yes, we lost 4 football games. Michigan, USC, Washington, and Oklahoma State. In the final rankings, all 4 of those teams will likely be in the top ten. Two of those games could have gone to Colorado.

2016 Colorado Football was like taking three big steps in the right direction. HCMM is laying a foundation. Sure, I think he enjoyed a ride even he didn't see coming. The problem with going 10 - 2 in the regular season with only 1 Conference loss is fan expectations. CU just isn't ready to be a top ten team yet. I love watching kids play at and above their talent level, so I had a blast watching this team. I think HCMM and his staff squeezed everything they could out of this team. Then some.

We need to build on this year. Keep getting bigger, stronger, faster recruits. Fill coaching vacancies with better, more innovative, high energy coaches. Above all, keep stepping up recruiting every year. It's on the coaches to keep the overall trajectory of " The Rise " heading up hill.

All of the CU Faithful now know how far this team came ( and it was GREAT ), and we have a realistic view of how far we have yet to go. Just keep building guys. The best is yet to come. And again, thank you for putting together a Season that has inspired so many that love the Buffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News