ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations ?

RockyMtnMan

All-Pac 12
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
Clearly, the coaching staff at CU has a lot to answer for. Head Coach Karl Dorrell knows Offense. His coaching roots come from the Offensive side of the ball. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is working for CU's Offense :
  • Chiv - In way over his head. No imagination. So predictable. Upcoming DCs are drooling over playing CU.
  • Rod, "The Bod" - Haven't seen any improvement from the O-Line. Regression may be more accurate.
  • Langsdorf - D. Lewis looks afraid and hesitant.
As poor as the coaching has been, it is becoming more and more clear that CU simply does not have the athletes to hold up against P5 opponents. Minnesota is a pretty good team, but not a great team. Bad coaching has magnified the most glaring issue CU faces. With the exception of Nate Landman, CU as a Football team, collectively grades out at slightly below average.

Minnesota beat down CU worse than CU beat down Northern Colorado. Between the 2nd half against Texas A&M, and the whole game vs. Minnesota, CU has been exposed on Offense and on Defense. Every team in the PAC 12 knows exactly what to do to beat CU. Personally, I don't think CU has the O-line that will give either Lewis, or Carter enough time to throw the ball effectively. So far, I haven't seen CU's young receivers create much separation from the man coverage they have been getting. Running the ball is going to be hard when the Defense CU is facing knows they don't have to worry about the pass.

I'm sure to get blasted for saying once again : When a team recruits at, or very near the bottom of their Conference every year, this is what the fans get. CU has far too many players that weren't recruited by other P5 teams. CU has far too many players that had fewer than 5 other P5 programs offer a scholarship. CU has far too few players that were heavily recruited by other P5 programs ( 10 or more P5 offers ).

The QB situation at CU is a disgrace. If Shrout didn't have a clear path to the starting job, what were the coaches watching during Spring and Fall practice(s). It is so hard for me to believe HCKD, Chiv, and Langsdorf didn't see this coming a mile away. Is it possible D. Lewis only freezes on game day ?

Most disappointing was the comment made by the broadcasters during the game about the demeanor on the Buff sideline. Minnesota = Having fun and excited / Colorado = the opposite ( or something like that )

I think it's going to be a long year. If recruiting doesn't pick-up significantly, CU is in for a few long years in a row. I'm still waiting to see what holes CU plugged via the Transfer Portal ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News