ADVERTISEMENT

*** Day 5 Practice Thread ***

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
I'll use this thread for practice updates.

STORY ---> MacIntyre on Olver: "I think it's a huge mistake"

Notes from MacIntyre's interview with the media

- The Buffs were in pads today. Mac liked the physicality of the practice and the intensity. "They were competing like crazy," Mac said. There weren't cheap shotting each other, which is good. They take care of each other. Often times the freshman take a little while longer to adjust to learning how to pop but not take it too far.

- Aaron Haigler has impressed Mac. He's over 290 pounds and holding his weight. Mac is excited about Haigler.

- On the wide receivers, Mac said, "It's day to day who is best." Winfree is having a good fall camp thus far. The staff is focusing on keeping him healthy. Mac said that Winfree has excellent hands and is a bigger outside receiver like Bryce and Ento.

- Montez is coming along well, per Mac. He noted that Montez is understanding pressure better during camp. "That's a huge step," Mac said. They did more blitzing today and it was in full pads, so it was more game like of a situation.

- Mac was asked about Sebastian Olver's scholarship, and CU is putting in a waiver to get Olver's scholarship back to give to a walk on player that deserves it.

- There is no chance that Olver is coming back, per Mac. He is disappointed that Olver is left. "I think it's a huge mistake on his part," Mac said. "Now he has to live with it. He just left; that's all I can say."

- "I don't take any stock on it," Mac said about the coaches poll. CU was ranked #27 in this year's preseason poll.

- Mac said that James Stefanou is acclimating well to Boulder and is kicking well. Mac is very pleased with Alex Kinney at punter - saying that he's punting the best he's ever had.

MacIntyre meets with the media

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News