ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2019 cornerback from USC enters Transfer Portal

LA_Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
CU at the Game once again has interesting news with regards to potential transfers. SC recruited 8 total CBs (Good job Ronnie Bradford.) And this kid is now available to the Buffaloes via the portal.

July 10th

… Foe Pause …

Class of 2019 cornerback from USC enters Transfer Portal

... 247 Sports indicates that Davis had interest in CU before committing to USC last spring …

From USCFootball.com … True freshman cornerback and former three-star Federal Way (WA) prospect Trey Davis has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, USCFootball.com has learned. Davis, who enrolled last month, was one of eight defensive backs USC signed in the winter.

Davis is the second 2019 cornerback loss for the Trojans this month: three-star prospect and JUCO All-American cornerback Jaylen Watson re-opened his commitment last week citing academics.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Davis signed in December after he verbally committed to USC in May, jumping on a scholarship offer from former defensive backs coach Ronnie Bradford. Similar to Williams, Davis lost his senior season due to a knee injury.

“USC has been one of my top schools for a minute, it’s been a dream for a couple years now to be there,” Davis said after committing. “When the offer came down I knew I was going to hop on it quick, just making my dream a reality.”

“He’s quick, he’s physical, has active hands, strong in coverage and plays with an edge,” wrote West Coast Recruiting analyst Brandon Huffman. “At numerous events this spring, he’s locked down his side of the field when playing corner, but then would also cover slots and backs and shut them down routinely. He’s a player who we think has his best football ahead of him.”

Continue reading story here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News