ADVERTISEMENT

Bruiser OLB Patrick Hisatake names CU in Top 8

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
At the end of April, Colorado extended an offer to 2021 outside linebacker Patrick Hisatake out of Westview, (Clackamas) Oregon. Hisatake is a three-star prospect who stands at 6-foot-5, weighing 245 pounds.

His offer sheet reflects opportunities from half of the Pac-12 as well as Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska and Yale. Colorado joined ASU, Cal, Kansas, Maryland, Nebraska, Central Florida and UCLA in his Top 8.

Hisatake is a player whose film speaks for itself. He hits hard, displays impressive quickness for his size and appears as comfortable in pass coverage assignments as he is rushing the edge.

https://www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/9783068/5d9aaef1d469130e14724dee

Brian Michalowski and Junior Tanuvasa have been tag-teaming his recruitment. Hisatake had this to say about Michalowski back in early May:

“I’ve been talking to coach Mike for probably a couple of months now and building a relationship. He’s a really good coach and is a real and genuine person. He’s straightforward. We’ve been building up a relationship and that’s what I’ve found out so far — he’s a really good coach.”

Hisatake mentioned that Colorado is recruiting him strictly as an outside linebacker, where his pass rush and coverage skills would look to be blended within CU's defense.

If I'm trusting my own eyes, Hisatake to me is certainly a player that's better than a 5.5/three-star ranking. What I see on film sticks out to me and I'm glad that he is a fish on Colorado's line. Looks like an impactful guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News