ADVERTISEMENT

Alamo Bowl Press Conference

B

Brie Thomas

BOULDER-- The final week of bowl preparation has begun and today Coach MacIntyre and Sefo Liufau talked to the media about the whole season, the upcoming game against Okhalmo State, and the seniors last game.

Key Quotes:
Mike MacIntyre
"They (OSU) are an excellent football team that's why they are No. 12 in the country. So it's going to be an extremely tough contest for us. I think Mike Gundy, this is his ninth bowl in a row if I'm not mistaken and they are used to going to bowls. This is our guys first time so we got to make sure we handle it that correctly going into the bowl game and practices have gone well for us."

"They are excited about playing in the bowl game, they've been excited in practice, I haven't had to get them going or anything like that so they've been into it, I've noticed that excitement."

"Joe (Tumpkin) is going to be calling the plays for this game, Joe has been a coordinator before, has great knowledge of the backend and the frontend which is what you want to have, he understands all that, so he was the perfect fit to do that so we're excited about that."

"The fun thing about preparing for this final game with the senior class, it lasts longer, the other ones it was final the last game so you are kind of rushing and you're going fast and it was over and there they go but with this group of guys I'm able to experience more of it and get a little bit longer goodbye, little bit longer time for them to relish everything and notice what they've done, I think that's why they will play really well when we play the Alamo Bowl because I think they really want to leave another mark, with all they've been through if they can leave with another W."

Sefo Liufau
"The fact that it is something new and it's a chance to play a very good team is very exciting for us, we also have the opportunity to continue to play with each other which is another big thing for us so I think the only thing that really sucks is the time cause we really want to play against these guys and get back on the field, there is just another gear and everyone is just excited to be out there."

"I think they are really strong up front, they have some good linebackers that can run side-to-side, I'm impressed by their safeties and how they play and fit in the run game and their DB's they give a little bit of cushion underneath but they still play the ball really well, got some good ball skills so it will be a good matchup, I think that their offense has the ability to score the ball and get points as well so we need to be ready to score some more points than them to put us in a good position to win."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News