Name: Joshia Davis
School: Valor Christian
State: Colorado
Height: 5-foot-10
Weight: 180 pounds
Class: 2019
Rivals Profile
Hudl Video

Valor Christian running back Joshia Davis may have just wrapped up his freshman year of high school but that has not stopped him from recently landing his first scholarship from the coaches at Colorado.

"We had a 7-on-7 tournament and our team was in it. I was just blessed to play very good. Afterwards, Coach MacIntyre just offered me a full ride."

Davis was thrilled to hear the news from the head man in Boulder.

ynvrzdqnpuvfqcra4zwi

"I just felt blessed for a coach to say that I'm ready for the DI level is amazing. I felt very blessed for the opportunity that Coach MacIntyre gave me."

The offer was not something that caught Davis off guard after he rushed for over 500 yards for the Class 5A state champions.

"I kind of did but I feel like that is the reason I attend Valor. They have had all of the DI athletes that have been through the school and people going to the NFL through Valor. I had a chance to play early so it would be a great way to get college looks early."

Davis has some heard nothing but good things about the Buffs.

"I have heard it is great. There are some kids that I'm friends with that attend there that have gone to Valor. I have never heard a bad comment about it. I really like the football program, especially with the hiring of Coach Chiaverini. I really liked him at Texas Tech. I'm really watching for him at CU."

Connections with his new teammate, Curtis Chiaverini, is something that Davis feels has helped him grow as a player.

"Yeah, me and him have become very close friends. Throughout practice, I know I can ask him how to run this route and how to get off my release. With his dad being a wide receiver coach, he knows a lot. I really try to pick his brain so I can become the best player I can be."

Davis is young but remains on the radar of a lot of different schools.

"During the football season, I met with CU and CSU. I've gotten mail from USD, Clemson, and Rutgers so far."

There has been an invite for Davis to an upcoming trip.

"No, but Coach MacIntyre invited me to visit in late July."

Davis has followed one out of state program since he was younger but remains open.

"My childhood dream was to go to Oklahoma because my dad is from there. I have always grown up a Sooner but I want to find a college that has great academics and gives me a better chance to play at the next level."

His sophomore year on the football field is one that Davis is excited to see.

"We are putting in a lot of work. I feel Coach Sherman has us prepared very well. I am excited to see what we can do this year. Hopefully we can compete for another state title."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News