ADVERTISEMENT

1-2 with Sefo, 2-1 with Montez

dhaganfan

Senior Starter
Nov 15, 2001
What is your prediction? I think our Buffs will win against Arizona, but it will be a closely fought game, with the Buffs barely pulling out a win. My thoughts are that we will continue playing Sefo, who doesn't play well, but won't lose the game(defense plays typical lights out). We get Washington State at home, we play Sefo, they stop us consistently, out D starts getting shredded after several 3 and outs. We lose to the Coug's by 10. Utah comes into town, Senior day, our spirits are high, once again we play Sefo(as he is the leader of the team), same scenario, however Utah runs it down our throats with their offensive line to barely take our Buffs with better special teams and balance. We end the season 8-4, all is good except for the feeling that it could have been Pac 12 south winners, and left something on the table. Bowl game is a complete guess. Second scenario, against the Coug's, losing badly, HCMM replaces Sefo with Montez, and he plays well, and we finish with some repectablility. Staying with the hot hand, he plays Montez and we are able to throw over the top of the Ute's and win. As with the rest of you, I have watched thousands of football games, and dozens, if not hundreds of games with the Buffs. Are you not seeing the same trend as I am, Sefo is a warrior, a great football player, but he is not right. He is off target on 50% of this passes, he is locking on to 85% of his intended targets, he doesn't trust his O-line, he can't find the open receiver, and when he doesn't, he rolls out and throws the ball out of bounds. Sefo makes just enough good plays to make you think he is reliable. Of course, when he had not thrown an interception on the season going into the UCLA game we were all thinking(everybody including the media), that he had turned the corner. In my opinion, Montez gives us the best chance to return to the big play mentality. Yep, he is going to throw some picks, but I would rather die going big, than a slow predictable torture. I think we lose to the Cougs no matter what, but we win with Montez with Utah if we play him.

Reactions: SFBuff2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News