ADVERTISEMENT

Ross Dellinger on CBA

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
Interesting interview today. Talked about tbe proposal to cap total roster size at 85 which would eliminate walk ons. The other side of it is that all sports would have roster caps but also have 100 percent scholarships for all players. Thats a big deal.

Target is 22 percent of AD budgets go to player salaries on top of scholarships. Not football. All sports.

Seems to be main proposal they are negotiating. Goal is by end of the month to have this done with a timeline for implementation which seems tight but they want things going by July 1.

So much to discuss here:
1. Do walk ons go down to G5 and try to earn their way up
2. What will be the length of player contracts - 2 yrs, 3 yrs, some maybe even 4
3. What does this mean for the other sports? Upside everyone gets 100 percent scholarships. Downside rosters will be trimmed

Salaries plus scholarships money looks like 45-50 percent of budgets. Is this enough to satisfy players and agents? When they unionize will the push for more?

This thing is happening fast like most thought it would. I would get set, as has been previously stated by those around the game, for another big round of realignment sooner rather than later.

To me this timeline seems really optimistic but I do get why they feel they have to do it given lawsuits and settlements and also the already about to happen realignment in July. I’m skeptical it happens by then but think it definitely happens after this year if not.

This is what I like most now in CFB besides the actual games. Its sad but the business of football is so much more interesting than recruiting now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News