ADVERTISEMENT

New Schedule Thoughts?

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
Thanks as usual to @rward for not only posting the new grid but breaking it down by trips, etc. I'd love to know what everyone thinks? It seems many were not happy with the move back to the BIG XII and the rumor of Pods seemed to sour many even more. I have always loved the move but would have hated Pods had they happened. I didnt think they would ever happen but Yormark is a wild card so you never know.

I really like what I am seeing.
Pros:
- great variety of teams across the country
- lots of Texas exposure and good Florida exposure
- the league looks no weaker than the PAC and if anyting is much more competitive without being as top heavy
- lots of potential to make a 12 team playoff (will need to finish top 2 most years)
- Im excited to try some new stadiums - WVU, Cincy, Houston, BYU, Kansas (with its new faciliteis), TCU and UCF. I have not been to any of them.
- Much better time zones for recruiting and brand awareness
- killer basketball (seeing the teams just made me think of this)

Cons:
- long haul to UCF every few years if want to attend and Orlando is a dump so one time is probably my limit
- Lose the Power fo USC and UO for conference strength (I still think overall its stronger, but it does help to have some heavies)
- Iowas Sate, UCF, Texas Tech just do not inspire me in football or Basketball but every conference has those teams
- Dont get to go to the Pacific Northwest for games / vacation
- ASU still gets to be the only Junior College allowed to play A4 football
- killer of a basketball schedule

Overall, seeeing the schedule and variety of teams got me even more exvited for the move. Hoping UU, UA, KU and UH turn into good rivals in Football or Basketball or ideally both. What does everyone thin k?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News