ADVERTISEMENT

Last batch of official visitors arrive tomorrow: a snapshot

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Wanted to relay four official visitors that'll be in Boulder for this upcoming weekend: one current commit and three uncommitted prospects.

Colorado's lone QB commit, Ryan Staub, will be in town for his OV after previously taking two unofficials -- one in January, shortly after he was offered, and the other in April. I caught up with Ryan about a month ago and he seems solid as ever in his verbal pledge.

Then we have El Paso offensive tackle Tyrone McDuffie, a target of Kyle DeVan's. McDuffie told me previously that he wants to compete against the best, and Colorado undoubtedly presents him with the opportunity to do so, compared to his remaining offer sheet, which, with no disrespect towards Tyrone, is admittedly on the smaller side.

Up next is Mission Viejo (Calif.) wideout Mikey Matthews, a prospect that Phil McGeoghan has grown closer to in the last month of so. Working for the Buffs here is that Matthews is teammates with Edward Schultz, an early WR commit. Matthews has taken an OV to Michigan and has a great offer sheet generally speaking.

I'm sure the majority of you would concur with me that he'd be a welcomed 2023 addition.

And finally, Utah (Skyridge) corner Smith Snowden is set to return to CU for an OV this weekend after checking things out unofficially back in April. The other main dogs at the bowl for Snowden are Northwestern and his home state Runnin' Utes, both of whom Snowden has visited officially already.

Snowden has known Rod Chance since the latter was at Oregon and maintains a good relationship with him, so there is that to consider. However, as we recently have seen with Gerald Chatman and that Texas DL Jarra Anderson, that doesn't always 100% mean the Buffs will close on a given kid.

Matthews and Snowden present nice challenges for CU; both guys have gone on other high-profile OVs and so the Buffs will be looking to blow them away this weekend while they're in Boulder. I don't know if I'd go as far to say I favor Colorado outright in either race, but the Buffs are at a minimum within striking distance, with a real chance to take the lead after this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News