ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting: Top 8 for in-state big man

Matt Moreno

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
colorado.rivals.com

Top 8: Colorado, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, BYU, Kansas State, Ohio State, Seton Hall

Denver-Accelerated Schools big man Assane Diop has trimmed his list down to 8 schools this week. The 6-foot-10 prospect has put together a solid offseason and has a big week ahead of him during the final live evaluation period of the summer. He'll be out in Southern California this week taking part in the adidas 3SSB Championships giving him another opportunity to be in front of coaches again. Arkansas has built some positive momentum with him while Auburn is a newer school in the picture that has generated some buzz around his recruitment. The term "raw" continues to be floated around Diop, but he has a lot of the tools that coaches are looking for at the next level. He hasn't been a top priority for the Buffs, but he has had positive things to say about the program in the past.

“That is the state I live in, where I am from. They do a good job of keeping up with me and checking in."

He plays travel ball for the Colorado Hawks alongside five-star big man Baye Fall, who is sure to draw a big crowd of coaches this week in California.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News